Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cheapest LEGO City Construction Site


This was my first big Lego kit, put together with my 10 year old daughter. The bags and manuals were well-organized according to the part of the set you are assembling. There did happen to be three parts that were missing, but I filled out a painless form on the Lego site and they will apparently be here in a few weeks. Out of almost 900 pieces, missing 3 is not bad. (We used cafeteria trays to hold the loose pieces, and since all three are the same and only instances of that item, I am certain they were left out of the kit rather than lost.)

My only complaint with this set is that it took us about three hours, and that's after slowing down when we realized the fun would be over so soon. I really thought that a $90 set would last a little longer, but maybe that's because replay value for us is limited. My daughter loves assembling Legos but not really playing with the finished product. However, they are still cool to look at and display. In fact, I don't know that she'll let her 8 year old brother play with them, since they do seem to be a bit fragile. I can see vital parts easily coming off and being lost. Regardless, we will certainly be collecting more. Get more detail about LEGO City Construction Site.

No comments:

Post a Comment