Sunday, November 1, 2009

Low Price LEGO Technic Power Function Accessory box


I bought this Lego Power Function Accessory set from Amazon in Aug'09 for my 7 year old son. Like most kids my son loves Legos. He took a Lego class over the summer where they learned to build with motors and gears so I've been adding those types of Legos to his collection in case he wants to be a budding engineer. There didn't seem to be alot of motor options for purchase so I ended up buying this set.

In a nutshell, my son did like this Accessory set until it the motor stopped working 4 days after purchase. Not sure why the motor stopped working, I haven't fiddled with it yet other than making sure it wasn't dead batteries.

What I did not like about this set:
-Battery Pack. I thought the battery pack was ridiculously big and heavy...who needs 4 AA batteries to power a small Lego motor? The battery pack is so heavy and the connection cord to the actual motor so short that it is very cumbersome to find a way to attach this battery pack to your Lego creation. I would like to see at least a separate option for smaller battery pack (such as 2 AAA) in the event someone only wants to power a small Lego car and not an actual life-size car.
-Motor durability. Mine broke after 4 days of light use.

I do like the concept of kids taking their Legos to the next level by adding motors and gears. Would I buy this product again? The answer is no if I could find an alternative that better met my needs (smaller battery pack, more durable, etc).

I hope you found my review helpful.
Get more detail about LEGO Technic Power Function Accessory box.

No comments:

Post a Comment