Sunday, February 7, 2010

Purchase LEGO Duplo Legoville Fire Station (5601)


OK we are HUGE duplo fans!!
My 2 1\2 year old recieved this for Xmas. It has a lot of great fun pieces. It is a fun LOOKING design but it really is not that stable when together for kid play. I enjoy building the sets for my kids, but even I find it frustrating to see little bumps can knock it ALL apart. It seems to me the road pieces you use for the base plate just are not solid connectors for the legos compared to the usual thicker base plates. that really minimizes the stability of the whole fire house down at the foundation. So, when the whole concept of the playset, when together, is to have preschoolers pushing the vehicles through it's first level you can see the basic problem. The tubes, which I thought would be fun, don't stay togther well at all either, the connection from the designated lego piece to the tubes is so loose I knew it wasnt going to stay put from the start. Another kind of annoying thing is that my son also owns the firetruck you can buy seperately that compliments this set. It does not fit well through the roads at all!! First you can not have the siren light on top of the cab, or the ladder attached in certain configurations.
That all said I just have to build my own creations, becuase there are a lot of fun building pieces here and we have a lot of Duplos around to help build a more stable creation. But for the money I paid for it it does hold some disappoinment.
Get more detail about LEGO Duplo Legoville Fire Station (5601).

No comments:

Post a Comment