Wednesday, July 28, 2010

LEGO Atlantis Neptune Carrier (8075) Decide Now


Admit I had my doubts when my 7 year old wanted this set recently. He thought it looked cool from the box but I wondered what it had to offer beyond the new Atlantis underwater theme. Turns out that the set is a hit on several levels...he loves it (no surprise there) but it's also nicely designed and offers more than a new theme.

As with most sets, there are a few small ships and vehicles to build first, which is nice. The main Neptune ship is the real draw. It has some terrific features...there are cool new pieces and the finished ship is also designed to allow bay doors to open and push back in a creative way that transforms the shape of the vehicle. Very cool and not something you see with every set.

I guess the best testament I can share is that my son usually takes apart a set within a week after building it and just uses the pieces for his own creations. This one has already lasted two weeks, with no sign that it's coming apart any time soon! Couple of other notes: my son has been putting together Lego sets himself for several years and didn't have any trouble with this one. There are about 450 pieces, which makes the price a little steep compared to some comparable sets, though not overly so.Get more detail about LEGO Atlantis Neptune Carrier (8075).

No comments:

Post a Comment