Monday, July 5, 2010

Purchase LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 (8547)


Well, as my son says, "It's Lego. All the Lego stuff is pretty durable." He does complain that it goes through batteries like crazy. He saved up a year to buy this toy - so of course he has no money to go buy rechargables and charger. Also, it takes 6 AA batteries - so would probably need two chargers or double set of 6 batteries. As I write this he has just informed me we need to go buy more batteries!!

My complaint as a parent is that it turned out this item was to be delivered while we were out of town for the weekend. I was concerned that UPS would just drop the package off on our front door even if we weren't home. Then my son would be out all of the money he had saved to buy this product. I tried to contact UPS and schedule a later delivery date by a couple of days but was told that I had to contact the sender. So, I contacted Amazon and they basically said there was nothing they could do. But they assured me that they have contracts with their shippers to not just drop off any items if nobody is home if said item costs more than $100, which of course this does. So we got home and found that my son's mindstorm had been left in front of our house behind our trash can! Luckily it was still there!

The product itself is pretty much what my son thought it was going to be and he loves it!

Get more detail about LEGO Mindstorms NXT 2.0 (8547).

No comments:

Post a Comment